Follow Pop Culture And Fashion Magic

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Oscar de la Renta Fall Winter 2013 - New York Fashion Week

One of my favorite fashion shows from New York Fashion Week was Oscar de la Renta Fall/Winter 2013 Collection. The colors were spot on (from bright pink, emerald green, indigo to the classic Renta red, they were all there), and the cuts just perfect. 

I have to admit that I was curious to see if the fact that Oscar de la Renta invited John Galliano, the disgraced Dior designer, to join his atelier for three weeks and give his input on the upcoming collection would have an impact on the designs. 

Also does that mean that Galliano will make a comeback in fashion? Regardless of all the unanswered questions in the fashion news treadmill the result was amazing - they are a pair made in fashion designers heaven. Even though the collection was classic Oscar - rich, chic and elegant you could catch little glimpses of Galliano now and then, like the wrap coats and cloche hats.

My favorite details were the see-through gloves in different shades gathered over the wrist! I just love those! I need them in my life!

Even if this was a fall collection the clothes had a very light feel to them. Perfectly tailored jackets with unusual cuts were paired with simple midi skirts. 

I loved how the cardigan jackets and Oscar de la Renta dresses were gathered at the waist with lovely, thin belts. I was impressed with the styling and the accessories as well - those three shades of lipstick perfectly matched to every outfit, the simple, vibrant shoes, the wet Spanish hair look – everything just worked! 

The rich colors and bold jewelry (necklaces, brooches, earrings and beaded crystals details) were perfectly chosen and added an extra layer of flavor to this already delicious mix.


I thought all the prints and textures were truly fabulous. The long, elegant but colorful gloves, fur accents and gorgeous ball gowns made this collection one for the fashion history books!

 Let’s not forget the fashion house just celebrated 50 years of work in New York City so Happy Birthday to them for that too!

 Photos: 1.

 So, are you as enthusiastic about this Oscar de la Renta fall collection as I am? Do you find it inspiring or not?



27 comentarii :

Unknown said...

Adoro a éste hombre!! :) gracias por el post :)/ I love Oscar de la Renta :) Thank you for this post :)


Boheme.Fille said...

I just fucking love this collection!

PAPS said...

Oh I love the bright colors too. Also the accessories are outstanding.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Jen27 said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the bold prints and vibrant colours! :)

-Jen

www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

Pragya sharma said...

I am too enthusiastic about the whole collection. Its amazing and really inspiring too!

I am already following you. Would be nice of you if you follow me back :)

http://eclyctico.blogspot.in/

Mrs. Aa said...

nice collection.. love the skirt on the 3rd photo :)
visit mine whenever you had a chance :D

warmest regards,
Miss Aa
www.miss-aa.com

Anonymous said...

Preciosa colección!!!
Saludos
http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

Diva In Me said...

Oh yea..it's definitely inspiring! From the 1st picture itself, it had caught my attention till the very last picture =)

MRSQ said...

I love these looks!! So much inspiration! <3

http://marsqn.blogspot.com

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love the first dress, all of his clothes are marvellous and so colourful xx

Darina said...

Amazing collection!!! Many thanks for your lovely comment :) Yes, I am your new follower!
www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

Ksenia said...

owww !!
just i can say amazing!!!
kiss

Demilade said...

Love the collection. It's very feminine and girly. x

Glittering Iona said...

Your blog is lovely!!!!Just love it^^
kiss
io
I followed you:)

EIDesign Glamour said...

OMG I love this man !!! He have a genius mind ! Love this collection!
New POST
EIDESIGN GLAMOUR
EIDESIGN GLAMOUR facebook fan page

Danika Podhola said...

I love everything about the third photo!!-- Today's post "Baseball jacket"--> http://urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.com

Anaivilo said...

This was an astonishing collection indeed!! I loooove love love those prints!! O.O

Play Street said...

always love oscar de la renta's collections, specially love all the embellished/printed dresses and skirts! Niceeeee post xxoxoxox

http://fashionplaytime.blogspot.co.uk/

Lindsey Elizabeth Pritchard said...

I can see why you love this collection so much. The dresses are beautiful, and colours are just gorgeous.

Lindsey. x
www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

Dezazu said...

Bonito post y super completo!!besos

Unknown said...

extremely inspiring!!!!

Thanx so much for your comment, hun!
Your blog is awesome! I'd be really glad to follow you:)
www.hopethinkknow.com

Curra said...

I love this collection and Oscar de la Renta has something special
Thanks for commenting on my blog.
I follow

Tiene trapillos la cosa said...

Preciosa la selección que has realizado del desfile de Oscar de la Renta. Me gusta tu blog, te seguiré.

A kiss.
io

Ruby said...

amazing collections ❤

mélia said...

Oscar de la Renta always makes amazing and beautiful dress, and i like very much the Galliano's touch in this collection!

My Lovely Stranger ♥ said...

Me encanta Oscar de la Renta.. tiene cosas espectaculares. Un besito! :)

Anonymous said...

very beautiful and amazing

AddThis Smart Layers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...